Considering that everyone has the right to the protection of personal data concerning them, NOW- MEDIAÇÃO IMOBILIÁRIA, LDA., Defines its Data Protection Policy.
It is our commitment to preserve your privacy, as we take the treatment of personal data that we collect as part of our Real Estate activity seriously.
With this Data Protection Policy we intend to clarify it as much as possible, affirming our commitment and respect for the new rules of privacy and protection of personal data, adopted under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016 / 679 of the European Parliament and of the Council, of 27 April 2016).
Bearing in mind that the aforementioned Regulation, in its articles 13 and 14, requires the provision of certain information to data subjects, this is considered to be provided by reading this Data Protection Policy.
For the purpose of any legal dispute, the original Portuguese version of this document must be used.
How do you accept the terms defined here?
If you continue to use our services, either through the website or in person, this implies knowing and accepting this Policy.
If you do not agree with this Policy, you can choose not to access our services.
Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
The entity responsible for the treatment of your personal data is:
NOW-MEDIAÇÃO IMOBILIÁRIA Lda., Lic. IMPIC7423, headquartered at Rua Doutor Filomeno da Câmara n.º 22, 9560-095, Lagoa, São Miguel, Azores.
What is personal data?
“Personal data” means any information, of any nature and regardless of its support, relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (data subject).
An identifiable person is one who can be recognized, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier, such as a name, identification number, location data, identifiers electronically or to one or more specific elements of the identity physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social of that natural person.
How do we collect your data?
Some of the personal data are collected through interactions with you and we obtain some of them through your accesses on our website. In this way, we collect both personal information and data from your device.
What personal data do we collect?
NOW collects and processes the personal data necessary to provide its services and / or subscriptions.
- When you contact us in order to arrange a contract, you will need personal data such as: your name, age, profession, citizen card / identity card number, taxpayer, date of birth, contact details (email, phone number) telephone and postal address), as well as data relating to the immovable property.
Bearing in mind that the transmission of some of these data is mandatory, if they are not provided, NOW may not provide the requested service / contract.
- Our website does not require any form of registration, so you can visit it without identifying yourself. However, with access to our website, a set of computer data is automatically collected, which is recorded temporarily in own files, and is also automatically deleted after a certain period. The collection of these data has purely technical objectives. The data in question are as follows: IP address of the requesting processor; access date and time; name and URL of the downloaded file; volume of data transmitted; indication of whether the transfer was successful; identification data of browser software and operating system; website from which you accessed our website; Internet service provider name.
Our website offers visitors a free newsletter subscription service. To be able to take advantage of this service, you will necessarily have to provide your e-mail address in the existing field for this purpose, and the subscription to the newsletters can be canceled at all times, just by following the indications to that effect present at the end of each newsletter.
What are the purposes of collecting your data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Provision and management of contracted / subscribed services
Whenever it is part of the contract or if the due diligence is performed at your request, your data will be used in all acts necessary for the performance of this same contract.
We may occasionally contact you by e-mail and / or SMS for administrative reasons.
Since these communications are of an operational nature and are not made for marketing purposes, you will continue to receive them even if you have chosen not to receive marketing communications.
We will also use your personal data to respond to your requests, suggestions or contacts and, of course, to improve our services.
- Marketing Communications
If you have indicated to us that you wish to receive our Newsletter, you will begin receiving newsletters from NOW, with the best business opportunities in the industry, disclosure of new properties, events, fairs, campaigns, etc.
It is important to emphasize that your personal data will never be shared with other companies for the purposes of marketing, except with your consent.
- Study, improvement, development and adaptation of our services to your interests and needs
Through the treatment of your personal data, we are able to adapt our services to your needs and preferences.
We can also collect information about how you use our website, namely what properties you are looking for, to understand what your tastes and preferences are.
- Meet our administrative and commercial objectives.
The business objectives for which we use your information include accounting, billing and auditing, credit card or other verification, fraud analysis, security, legal and procedural effects, statistical studies and systems development and maintenance.
- Comply with legal requirements (fraud prevention and investigations)
As a legal obligation, namely based on Law 83/2017, of 18 August, which establishes measures to combat money laundering and terrorist financing, we may have to provide your personal data to certain entities.
What are the legal grounds for processing your personal data?
Our legitimacy to proceed with the present treatment of your personal data is provided for:
- In paragraph b) of paragraph 1 of art. 6 of RGDP when the collection and processing of your personal data is based mainly on the contractual relationship you have with us;
- In paragraph a) of paragraph 1 of art. 6th of the RGDP when we send you our newsletters, as it is based on your consent that we make them available;
- In paragraph c) of paragraph 1 of art. 6 of the RGDP if treatment is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation to which we are subject.
How long will the data be kept for?
The period during which the data is stored varies depending on the purpose for which it was collected, if there is no specific legal requirement.
There are, however, legal requirements that oblige you to retain data for a certain period.
What are the rights as data subjects?
You have the right to request the data controller to exercise the following rights:
1. Data subject's right of access: You have the right to obtain from the controller the confirmation that the personal data concerning you are or are not subject to processing and, if so, the right to access your data. personal data and the information provided for in the General Data Protection Regulation.
2. Right of rectification: The holder has the right to obtain, without undue delay, from the controller responsible for rectifying inaccurate personal data concerning him.
3. Right to data erasure (“right to be forgotten”): The data subject has the right to have the data controller erase their personal data without undue delay, and the data subject has the obligation to erase personal data without unjustified delay, when one of the following reasons applies, in particular: 1) personal data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they were collected or processed; 2) the holder withdraws the consent on which the processing of the data is based (when it is based on consent) and if there is no other legal basis for said processing; 3) the holder is opposed to the treatment and there are no prevailing legitimate interests that justify the treatment; 4) personal data has been processed illegally; 5) personal data must be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation under Union law or a Member State to which the controller is subject; 6) personal data was collected in the context of information society services.
However, it should be noted that this right has certain exceptions.
4. Right to limitation of processing: The data subject has the right to obtain from the controller the limitation of processing, if one of the following situations applies: a) contesting the accuracy of personal data, for a period that allows the data controller by treatment to check its accuracy; b) the processing is illegal and the data subject is opposed to the deletion of personal data and requests, in return, to limit its use; c) the controller no longer needs personal data for processing purposes, but that data is required by the data subject for the purposes of declaring, exercising or defending a right in a judicial process; d) if it has opposed the processing, until it is verified that the legitimate reasons of the controller are prevailing over those of the data subject.
5. Right of opposition: The data subject has the right to object at any time, for reasons related to his particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him. The controller ceases the processing of personal data, unless he presents compelling and legitimate reasons for such processing that prevail over the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or for the purposes of declaring, exercising or defending a right in a judicial process.
When personal data are processed for the purpose of direct marketing, the data subject has the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning him for the purposes of said marketing, which covers the definition of profiles to the extent related to direct marketing.
If the data subject opposes the processing for the purposes of direct marketing, personal data will no longer be processed for that purpose.
6. Right to data portability: The data subject has, under the terms and conditions defined in the law, the right to receive personal data concerning him and which he has provided to a controller in a structured, user-friendly format. current and automatic reading, and the right to transmit that data to another controller without the person responsible for the personal data being able to prevent it, if: a) The processing is based on consent or a contract; and b) The treatment is carried out by automated means.
7. Right not to be subject to any automated decision, including definition of profiles: The data subject has the right not to be subject to any decision taken solely on the basis of automated processing, including the definition of profiles, which has an effect on their legal sphere or that significantly affects it in a similar way.
8. Right to withdraw consent: If the processing of data is based on consent, the data subject has the right to withdraw his consent at any time, without compromising the lawfulness of the treatment carried out based on the consent previously given.
9. Right to know of a data breach
10. Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority: The data subject has the right at any time to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory and control authority, ie the National Data Protection Commission (CNPD), based at Rua de São Bento, no. 148, 3.º, 1200-821 Lisboa, with the following contacts: telephone - +351 213 928 400; fax - +351 213 976 832; email - firstname.lastname@example.org
The exercise of these rights is free, unless you make unjustified or excessive requests. In this case, a reasonable fee may be charged based on administrative costs.
If you intend to exercise any of the mentioned rights, you must contact us through:
1. From an order sent, by registered letter, to:
NOW-MEDIAÇÃO IMOBILIÁRIA, Lda.
Avenida D. João III, n.º 26 c / v Poente Norte
Ponta Delgada, São Miguel, Azores
2. Own form, available in our store, located at the above address
3. From an order sent, by email address, to: email@example.com
Is it possible to disclose personal data?
Your personal data may be communicated to NOW service providers, subcontractors or third parties, for the purpose of providing the services, and to judicial, tax and regulatory authorities, in order to comply with legal requirements.
We are committed to protecting you
Because we are committed to protecting you, we adopted the technical and organizational measures that were adequate to ensure and be able to prove that the treatment is carried out in accordance with the applicable legislation, namely:
- We have ensured that the processing is lawful, fair and transparent, in line with what was transmitted to the data subject at the time of collection and the data subject will be able to check how the data is processed;
- The data are collected for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes, and are not processed for different purposes unless there is a clear overriding interest that provides for it;
- The personal data collected are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- The data is accurate and updated whenever necessary;
- The data are kept for the strictly necessary time and allow the identification of the data holders only during the period necessary for the purposes for which they are treated, so a policy for maintaining, archiving and deleting the data was implemented in order to ensure that they are not kept for a period longer than is strictly necessary;
- The data is treated in a way that guarantees its security, including protection against its unauthorized or unlawful treatment and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage, as well as all other rights that you have as a data subject;
- We ensured the anonymization of personal data, whenever required;
- We respect professional secrecy in relation to personal data processed;
- NOW has defined clear rules for contracting the processing of personal data with its subcontractors and requires them to adopt the technical and organizational measures necessary to protect them.
Despite all the security measures adopted, it is necessary to warn that when accessing the Internet, you must regularly take precautions and adopt additional security measures, namely through the use of an updated computer and browser.
NOW may, at any time, modify or update this Data Protection Policy, which changes will be duly updated on our Platforms.
We therefore suggest that you consult them regularly to be aware of any changes.
For any request or clarification do not hesitate to contact us.